Generally speaking, a person’s home is their pride and joy. It’s where you live, raise your family, celebrate holidays, and create memories. So when regular wear and tear starts making it look a bit run down, you want to do everything possible to bring it back to the way it looked when you first fell in love with it.
Your home’s siding is one of the most important elements to make it look beautiful. To help you plan how to best renovate your home’s façade, here’s is a list of the benefits, when it comes to replacing siding.
HOW TO TELL IF IT’S TIME TO REPLACE YOUR HOME’S SIDING
If your home’s exterior walls show any of the following signs, it’s time to look into replacing your home’s sidings:
- Water Stains
- Cracks on the surface
- Bubbling Paint
- Siding is rotting or peeling
- Mold is growing on the side of your home
- Tiny holes
- Sagging paneling
BENEFITS OF REPLACING YOUR HOME’S SIDING
- Improves Appearance. Everyone wants their home to look nice. After all, it’s one of your biggest investments and where you spend a significant amount of your life. Proper sidings also keep your home looking nice for longer, since some materials are designed to resist degradation from the sun’s harsh UV rays. And with so many materials to choose from, you have a blank canvas to make your home look exactly like how you envision it.
- Energy Efficiency. When you replace your home’s sidings, the contractor can add insulation to your exterior walls. And even if you don’t add extra insulation, new siding prevents your home from losing its warmth during the colder months of the year. It also keeps the outside heat from coming in during the summer.
- Ensure the Structural Integrity of Your Home. Aging sidings can cause water to seep into the walls of your home, causing wood to rot and H20 to pool in your window sills. Some types of siding are also resistant to moisture and harsh weather elements; certain sidings can protect your home from winds of up to 180 mph (which is a category 5 hurricane).
- Increased Resale Value. If you want to sell your home, you have to cover all your bases: Make it look beautiful to potential buyers, reduce the amount of work and repairs someone would have to do if they make an offer, and ensure that the property is structurally sound. Replacing your home’s siding recoups over 90% of its cost when it’s time to sell your home.